Toyota Kata Boot Camp
This training is developed as a “deep dive” training to align Leaders and support functions (Lean- or Continuous Improvement-Teams, etc.) As the name suggests, this is a tough week! You and your team will spend time in the learning zone, and that is often uncomfortable and hard. But, it is the only place we can learn for real, so the reward is much greater than the effort!
The intention is to prepare you and your team and allow you to learn in a safe environment.
We combine our Toyota Kata 10h-class with the Toyota Kata Simulation into a full week of intensive training. In this training you get to practice and demonstrate your abilities as:
- 2nd Coach
The training will give you a real boost early in your Learning curve, making sure whenever anyone in the organization is talking about Toyota Kata, you have a truly common understanding and terminology. Our experience is that a training effort like this will increase the learning curve substantially, leading to you using your time more efficiently and effectively.
The week will give you the practice to be confident enough to start your journey. It will also give you the tools necessary to maintain the patterns through an 8-week “Learn and Share” program that you can host on your own.
Leaders must go first, so we recommend all Senior Managers to attend this course. We also strongly recommend that you carefully select the people that attends a Bootcamp, since these will be your strong cultural enablers moving forward.
The course is designed to make sure you learn by doing and has a “low tech, but high touch” approach. We firmly believe that hearing and seeing is not enough, you need to do it to learn. This is not about learning how to ask a few questions to your learner, but how to create a culture that develops stronger individuals and teams.
This course includes:
10-hour TWI format (Five 2-hour lessons)
- Gives participants knowledge and the opportunity to practice in a safe environment.
- Allows participants to absorb the material between lessons.
- Accelerates the learning and development of KATA skills.
The "Learn-by-doing" way
- A more effective teaching. Hearing and seeing is not enough - we have to do it.
- Practice and mentoring applied to real problems.
Well-defined program that can be spread globally - just like our TWI programs.
- All participants get the exact same training, delivered by a certified trainer.
- This standardized training and teaching method will ensure uniformity throughout the organization, which is crucial for a long-term and sustainable solution.
- A well-defined Train the Trainer-system so you can get certified to train your own people.